5 Ways to Make DIY Wedding Set-up FUN!
By modefor, Jul 9 2018 12:11PM
Some people spend over two years planning their wedding. It should be a happy time, making memories, personalising your special day and perfecting your plans. For some people though, planning a wedding can be stressful, getting caught up in the ‘should’ and ‘shouldn’t’ of wedding etiquette and unnecessary traditions.
Here at Mode For... we believe all of the planning stages of a wedding should be just as much fun as the day itself. We believe in stress free weddings and we are here to help you through the planning process.
We especially love DIY weddings! It means you really get to put your own stamp on a venue and make a wedding truly reﬂect your style and ideas. We believe, the best bit about a DIY wedding is the set-up before the big day. It’s so much fun to be a part of - seeing plans come together is pure magic! We have learnt a few things over the years and here are our top tips for making wedding set up just as much fun as the wedding day...
1. Play some music! - You need your favourite music on whilst your decorating your venue! It ﬁlls your team workers with enthusiasm and sets a great tone for the day.
2. Provide food & drinks - You will spend most of the day before the wedding setting-up and everyone will need lots of energy, make sure you feed your team of workers supplying them with endless cups of tea (or prosecco!).
3. Set out clear job roles - The key to DIY wedding set up is planning and team work. Spend some time allocating jobs before you start setting up, it will be so much quicker and less stressful if everyone knows what their job role is. Who’s responsible for setting out chairs? or hanging the bunting? You get the idea.
4. Have a deadline - The night before your wedding should be free of stress, make sure you set a time to ﬁnish. We think sitting back with a glass of wine by 6pm is perfect and we aim to help all our brides and grooms achieve this. It’s more important to enjoy your wedding day than stay up all night folding napkins!
5. Hire a Wedding Co-ordinator - Just because you can do everything yourself, doesn’t mean you should. Sometimes asking for help is ok and it means less stress and more fun. Talk to us today about how a wedding co-ordinator can help bring your DIY wedding to life !
Have you got any tips you could share with a bride and groom?
What did you do to make your wedding set-up fun?